Our exciting, fun and fast-paced commercial office furniture dealership business is growing! We’re seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, creative, team player with strong presentation and design skills for a Strategic Account Interior Designer who will Create Spaces to Inspire People.
Schmidt Goodman is a leader in Southern Minnesota, Northern Iowa and Western Wisconsin for environments that inspire work, learning and healing.
The primary responsibility of the designer is to provide technical design support & creative direction on projects for a local innovative strategic account.
- Furniture product positioning, design development, schematic design, 3D renderings, LIVE Design, creating and coordinating material selections, inventory, field verification, presentations, detailed installation documents and budgeting/quoting are daily duties.
- Applicant should possess a strong design point of view, and be great at multitasking, critical thinking, collaborating, and selling ideas.
- Participate in key meetings and provide input throughout the project cycle including bids, quote finalization, pre-order, construction, pre-installation and punch meetings.
- Build relationships with associated client and understand their core beliefs.
- Execute client strategy and partake in strategy sessions.
- Technical Proficiency: Adept at using technological tools including CET (Configura)/AutoCAD, rendering software, Microsoft Office Suite and other systems specifically designed for the commercial furniture/modular wall industry. Willingness to learn new systems and programs.
- Present yourself in a professional, positive, team-oriented manner ready to create and inspire others!
Experience is preferred but not a deal breaker.
- Dealership or related experience in the field of Interior Design/Project Management is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
- AutoCAD and CET/Configura Experience, SketchUp, Revit
Our company brings it’s perks too!
- State of the art CRM for tracking projects
- Paid Holidays + PTO after 90 days of hire
- Medical & Dental Benefits + 401K
- Seasonal On-Site Flu Shot Clinic
- Denim Days and various ways of supporting the local community
- Daily snack and beverage well
- M-Th 8-5 and Fridays 8-3
Please send resume and cover letter to Creative Director, Tracey Fogarty: firstname.lastname@example.org